All benefit eligible CIR House staff officers are able to obtain a portable individual disability insurance contract at any time during their training without having to satisfy any medical underwriting requirements or exams. The ability to obtain coverage without regard to any current or pre-existing medical conditions could prove to be an invaluable opportunity for our members and allow all of our benefit eligible members to more completely protect their current income and secure the right to insure future income.
The highlights of this offer include the ability to apply for an individual policy that will provide:
- Up to $10,000 per month of total coverage without any medical evaluation*
- An initial monthly tax free benefit from $2,500 to $7,500 per month
- The ability to defer up to $7,500 per month to insure future income
- An "Own Specialty" definition of total disability
- A 3% annual cost of living rider
- Optional $2,000 per month benefit for student loans
- Optional catastrophic claim coverage (This feature is not available in Californa.)
*The guaranteed issue policy is not available to dental residents or anyone who have previously been denied coverage by any carrier. Dental residents and those house staff officers, who previously attempted to secure coverage and were denied, will still be able to obtain $5,000 per month of permanent coverage when they are within 60 days of completing their program.
Individual disability income products underwritten and issued by Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America (BLICOA), Pittsfield, MA. BLICOA is a wholly owned stock subsidiary of and administrator for The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), New York, NY, or provided by Guardian. Product provisions and availability may vary by state. Optional riders are available for an additional premium. 2018-56535 Exp 03/20
Please complete the form below so we can best address your needs.